May 23, 2026

Century News Update

Century News Update Official Website

Mwaghavul Nation Urges FG to Declare MACBAN a Terrorist Organisation

Mwaghavul Nation Urges FG to Declare MACBAN a Terrorist Organisation
Spread the love

…says 204 people killed, many missing, 53 villages attacked

By Daniel Agada, Jos

The sociocultural organization under the auspices of Mwaghavul Development Association (MDA) in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau state has urged Federal Government of Nigeria to declare Miyyeti Allah cattle breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN) a terrorist organization.

Mwaghavul Nation accused members of MACBAN for perpetrating heinous crimes crimes in various parts of Nigeria.

Speaking to newsmen Saturday at the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Secretariat Jos, the state capital, Chief Joseph Gwankat, National President of Mwaghavul Development Association, lamented that their living by God mercy as their farmland become a grazing field for the Fulani herders.

Gwankat said so far about 204 people were killed, many missing and 53 villagers attacked, noting that the Fulani militias continued attacking them unabated.

“These facts are verifiable
Miyetti Allah’s Spurious Allegations and the Need to Discountenance Falsehood
Once again, Miyetti Allah through one Muhammed Salihu Musa, Secretary of MACBAN, Mangu LGA, and Nura Abdullahi, Chairman, MACBAN, Plateau State, have gone viral on social media with spurious allegations, claiming that Operation Rainbow operatives attacked them in Mangu LGA, suggesting that they acted in support of our people who have been living at God’s mercy. 

“We find this not only amusing but also a calculated attempt to paint black the image of the State Government, under the visionary leadership of His Excellency, Barr. Caleb Mutfwang, and to suggest that it is biased in handling the situation. Let it be known that these antics of MACBAN are not new. They have made spurious claims in the past, and they are still making it on the real situation in Mangu LGA. 

“It is therefore not surprising that the same aggressors who have been having their field day on our people will still turn around and claim innocence, just to hide their heinous crimes. 

“We challenge MACBAN to provide evidence of their claims. We want to state in clear and unequivocal terms that MACBAN and their terrorist members are simply running away from their own shadow, due to the heinous crimes they have committed in Mwaghavul land. 

“It is in the public domain that MACBAN has been hiring foreign mercenaries to attack communities, including ours.
Let us place it on record that on Wednesday 5th July, two (2) women were attacked and killed in Mper and Millet in Kombun District.

“The following day Thursday, 6th July, 2023, there was an 
attack on Kogul and Five (5) persons were killed, thereafter, the attackers advanced on Niyes killing two (2) persons. These callous and unwarranted killings infuriated the youths who spontaneously pursued the attackers in self-defence. 

“We, therefore, strongly suggest that the Federal Government should declare MACBAN a terrorist organisation because of the heinous crimes that its members are perpetrating in various parts of Nigeria.

“We urge the Government to take full responsibility of educating children below the age of 10 who have lost both parents as a result of the attacks, while arrangements are made for the SS3 students whose WAEC Exams were disrupted as a result of these attacks.

“We have never left our ancestral land in pursuit of any perceived enemies to attack and kill them but enemies of the state have mobilized themselves at Regional, National and Sub-national levels to attack us. 

“We urge our people to remain steadfast, firm and unshakeable in the defence of our ancestral land”, the president stated.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *